JOB TITLE: Cashier and Water Tester
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to the Retail Store Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: E-mail Resume & Salary History to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to 503.656.0120
Duties include, but are not limited to, ringing up customer purchases at the point of sale machine, testing swimming pool and hot tub water samples, analyzing results of water tests, stocking shelves, and general clean up.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent customer service
- Operates the point of sale machine, handles cash, runs credit card sales
- Takes special order requests.
- Opens and closes point of sale.
- Fills out relevant paper work for customer sales
- Greets customers
- Answers telephones
- Stocks shelves as needed
- Sweeps, mops, and dusts as needed
- Tests water samples
- Explains water chemistry results to customers
INTER-RELATIONSHIPSHas contact with all levels of personnel within company and with customers and vendors.
- Inside on retail floor, can be hot or cold, depending on the outside weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Constant standing and walking on hard cement floor throughout the day
SKILLS AND EDUCATION LEVEL
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Professional phone etiquette
- Knowledge of computers and computer systems
- Comfortable speaking to the public
- Minimum of a 10th grade education
Good math and organizational skills;
Verbal ability to make simple calculations;
Ability to organize information in a way to explain clearly to others.
Flexible and adaptable to changing environment;
Good multi-tasking skills;
Able to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice.