JOB TITLE: Pool Maintenance Technician
DEPARTMENT: Service Department
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to Service Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: E-mail Resume & Salary History to email@example.com or Fax to 503.656.0120
Maintains water chemistry and general appearance on swimming pools and hot tubs.
Performs routine evaluations of equipment.
Fills out customer service orders at job sites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Document on work order form brand and model of hot tub, swimming pool, filter, pump, heater and chlorinator.
- Check pumps, filters, boilers, electrical and plumbing systems for possible problems. Documents those needs in writing on the work order forms for follow up
- Inventory customer’s current chemicals and decide if there is any need for additional chemicals
- Demonstrate operations of swimming pools, hot tubs and water chemistry to customers
- Fill out daily route sheets with amount of time on job, mileage and status of job
- Fill out service orders with customer equipment information, parts numbers for parts used and parts ordered.
- Complete paperwork for special order parts
- Inform Service Manager when customers need to be rescheduled
- Complete all necessary warranty paper work, along with customer signatures
- Call customer back if any problem occurs
- Let customers know when you have arrived on the job and when you are leaving. If no one is home use a doorknocker indicating status of job.
- Let customers know that chemicals, cartridge filters and accessories are available
- Clean out hair and lint pot baskets
- Clean out skimmer baskets
- Back wash filter before and after vacuuming
- Clean filter cartridges, chemically cleaning when necessary
- Brush swimming pool walls and floor
- Remove large debris with skimmer net
- Vacuum pool using company’s equipment if a large amount of debis
- Balance chemicals in pool
- Bring water sample back to retail store for additional testing.
MAINTENANCE OF TOOLS/VEHICLES
- Responsible for taking care of vehicles, this includes regular oil changes and washing van one time per week. If service is required of the vehicle it is the responsibility of the Technician to let the Service Manager know so arrangements can be made for the repair.
- Responsible for providing own tools and having the proper tools to do the job.
- Keep vehicles stocked with parts on the van inventory list and sales items etc.
- Clean and maintain vehicles and tools on a daily basis. Let Service Manager know when additional time is needed to clean or do maintenance on van
- Attend training seminars.
- Attend company meetings.
- Initiate written and verbal recommendations to staff on ways, you see that operations could improve.
INTER-RELATIONSHIPSContact with all levels of personnel within company and with clients and vendors.
- Overtime required occasionally.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Extreme weather conditions.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION LEVEL
- High school or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Experience working with the public
- Experience with pumps, filters, boilers, electronics and plumbing
- Possess clean driving record
- Able to operate a forklift
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience following through on projects
- Works independently and coordinates activities efficiently
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously
- Works constructively and cooperatively with peers
- Sets and meets deadlines
- Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Have energy and drive
- Detail oriented